Sunday, September 4

3 September. Lord What a Night


Sipho 'The Big Fish’ Makhabane turned 46 last night and he lined up gospel artists from his stable, Big Fish Music, to perform at the Big Top Arena, Carnival City in Brakpan.  I knew it was a Christian function, but when my friend said she got a VIP ticket plus one for The Big Fish’s birthday celebration I we assumed banquet style event with a few speeches interspersed with performance.  At registration we found that our tickets were solely for seat allocation in the VIP area of the praise and worship concert. Tut tut. The feast I had anticipated was not to be.  We arrived on empty stomachs and opted to first have a quick meal then we attend the concert (but resolving to stay for an hour so as not to be rude to our host).

Sechaba's performance
affirmed why I was
there. He was amazing!
Hlengiwe Mhlaba
also gave a
remarkable performance















We stayed for the entire show. I can count the amount of praise and worship ceremonies I’ve attended on three fingers.  Last night’s was the most uplifting experience. There was elation, others were crying, people prayed and some spoke in tongues whilst I stuck mostly to dancing and praising. Thank God we didn’t have full knowledge on the function beforehand.  I wouldn’t have attended and would have missed out on an awesome night of loving energy. 

1st Lady MaNtuli Zuma getting down
next to gospel diva Deborah Fraser

The Big Fish eating his cake that was presented by Sophie Ndaba

No comments:

Post a Comment