Thursday, July 26

Celebz In The Streets: Rami Chuene

Rami Chuene

Literally a couple of weeks ago I ran into/half stalked Rami Chuene in Hyde Park. It was late at night, she was taking time out and I didn’t want to intrude. I had to though. With undeniable talent Rami has acted in Backstage, Hijack Stories as well as Scandal.


The first time I met Rami was 2002. She was singing and dancing in Richard Loring’s production, Girl Talk , at the then Sound Stage in Midrand. The radio station I worked for at the time had sponsored a season of the production. We went on to work together again at the Jacaranda Pops –link (an amazing pop orchestral production) where Rami was billed as one of the singers.

Setting the course
She tells me her events company is what keeps her stable but ultimately her passion lies with singing and acting but feels the industry is not dynamic for artists to earn their worth. Rami is in production with Inkaba and refuses to divulge any detail regarding another production she is involved in. One hopes an album is in sight as she tells one she’s been singing since 1999. She hinted. One hints back.

No comments:

Post a Comment