Wednesday, October 3

Solange And The Original Izikhothane


Solonge Knowles’ latest music video was shot in Mzansi's most sought after location in Cape Town at Langa township. According to www.timeslive.co.za there was no real concept behind the video and it shows.  Sometimes establishing a theme for activity to flow around suffices. The director, Melina Matsoukas has an extensive music video filmography and I guess made the best of the situation due a short-notice change in location. 

I wonder what the Sapeurs of Congo, a longer existing version of our very own Izikhothane, think of the video's rendition of how the Sapeurs preen.

‘Losing you’ has a very Pop feel to me. It's a fun number that I can bop to but I can’t firmly label it a standout song.  I commend Solange for establishing her own look, sound and personality. She could have opted to mould herself after her sister, King B, whose presence is pervasive. Instead she remains eccentrically Solonge.


No comments:

Post a Comment