Thursday, December 1

Percy The Bookworm


On Wednesday I managed to get off work early i.e. 16h15 I convinced my friend (the one so famous that no one knows how famous she is) to accompany me on my content finding mission. We did a quick stop at Hyde Park for her to get a Haagёn daz treat and we made our way to Rosebank. 

We started off at The Firs but with so many eating spots there we could not (didn’t want to) walk in and out restaurants scouting for people. We slowly made our way through The Zone and came out with naught. It was at the The Bookdealers in Rosebank Mews that things started looking up.

Percy Mabandu

Percy Mabandu is a columnist for the City Press entertainment section and I guess it was fitting that we should spot him at a bookstore. My friend went as far to comment how rare it was to find a black man in a bookstore. His retort: five of his friends have the own personal libraries, therefore; he doesn’t know which black man she was referring to. Also he lives in Pretoria and catches the Gautrain from Rosebank and popped into the book store from time to time to look for new arrivals. Pow!


No comments:

Post a Comment