Wednesday, October 26

Incredible Lola Faturoti


Lola Faturoti
I missed the African Fashion Week staged at Sandton Convention Centre this due to a family commitment. The show that I had tickets for was Lola Faturoti’s Autumn/Winter Spring/Summer 2012 showcase.

To me Lola is a ball of energy who seeks inspiration in all aspects of her environment, especially Africa. She mentioned that her latest collection incorporates Ndebele art and she was very excited about the positive reaction from the audience.


A.T.T.I.T.U.D.E (love it!)
I caught up with her at a friend’s place the night before her flight to New York. Nigerian-bred she spoke of how her exposure to fashion was from an early age through her Grandmother who designed traditional Nigerian outfits. After studying she went to New York in 1991 where she worked at several clothing stores before relocating to Milan to refine her craft for 3 years. Lola Faturoti the label was established on her return.

She is quick to laugh, will get up and dance when she hears a song she loves (even when everyone else around her is sitting down) and loves sharing her experiences, making it hard for me to believe her when I'm told she is shy. SA sure brought her out of her shell!  





Fashion Pictures : Simon Deiner 

No comments:

Post a Comment